Product Audit

You like your V8's!

Know anywhere i can find some decent pictures of a stag v8 engine? I want to see how it compares to my saab which is supposed to be made form half a triumph v8.

Reply to
Tom Woods

A.K.A. budding bollock remover.... Damned unstrustworthy Sturmey Archer rubbish.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No, not the 'tee bar' three speed that was mounted on the top frame tube (in line with the budding bollocks) like I had on the old Raleigh....the Grifters (well, the ones down here) had a three speed with the gears being changed by twisting the right hand handlebar grip (like a motorcycle throttle). They were the forerunner of todays 'mountain bikes'.....

Reply to
Brian
1961 Series IIa SWB 2.25 petrol hardtop bought new by my father in the UK (as a ragtop)

1963 Series IIa SWB 3.3 Holden powered, with a 90 front on it, sometimes a truck cab, sometimes a hardtop, sometimes a ragtop.

1982 Series III SWB 2.25 Petrol in a million bits (and was sold until yesterday when the deal fell over)

Other stuff

2002 Hyundai Lantra wagon (SWMBO's) 1996 Toyota Hilux 4WD 2.8 diesel (with a turbo conversion) - For Sale 1993 Toyota Hilux 2WD, 2.4 diesel 1986 Daihatsu Delta Camper

Chevrolet Corvette speedway saloon car - 406ci Chev V8 running methanol, self-fabricated space frame chassis, fibreglass bodywork (awaiting money to get back racing). Anyone interested in seeing how the good ones go (and fail) might like to look at the link below (4MB file)

EMB

heh - matey on the quad bike looks like he wanted a little of the limelight :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Typical incompetant official. And the bloke that rolled his car (right on the finish line) was credited with the race win. And was back out next night with the car repaired and running well.

Reply to
EMB

Yes, I had a Grifter, they weighed as much as a mountain. What I'm talking about are those rotten 3-speed hub gears that kept on slipping into neutral at bad moments, plunging you down onto the crossbar if you were standing up. Ouch!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Lee_D came up with the following;:

1996/7 300 Tdi 3 door Disco, no electric windows, mirrors or anything, as basic as they come ... 'cept for the 7 seats, BFG's, Alloys and CD player ... ;)
1995 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 GSi, 'the wifes'. Sprite Major 4 berth caravan and awning, porch, gazebo, tent etc as needed for pits/events etc. 1990/91 Fantic 207 156cc Trials Bike 1984 Yamaha DT 125 LC Sons field bike, on a SORN. In process of buying a new Montesa Honda 4RT Trials bike ... negotiations with swmbo are a tad sticky at present. 1989 ish Dyna-Tech Cro-Mo comp mountain bike, only the frame and Seat Pin are original. About 6 other bicycles in various states of repair/roadworthiness, mostly for the two sons use and one for the wife. ;) Ford Cargo Horse Box and sundry bike, camping/stuff trailers and carriers. Use of a Manitou MLT Use of a Case Maxima CVX And various other farm vehicles/implements. The last two, especially the Manitou are especially invaluable if we get stuck .. anywhere ... ;)
Reply to
Paul - xxx

You're thinking of the Chopper. Pile of crap - all show, no go. Grifter ruled the world (well, the estate at least!)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ah yes - well I'm 34 and only one child. Draw your own conclusions!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:52:12 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

only if you had it adjusted wrong, mind, or the pawl springs were U/S.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:26:19 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

Chopper was directly responsible for my spending 2 nights in hospital in

1975. Bloody dangerous if you hit a big bump with the silly-small front wheel.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:54:38 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

's not a 4x4 though... However, it'd be fun to have one of the old county

4x4 tractors for the purpose. Or, given the money, a JCB Fastrak.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

It did take a bit of fiddling to get it to work properly, that damned twist-grip didn't help much, especially if you were in the habit of getting very very muddy, as I was at the time (and still am).

I also used to build bikes out of scrap, so I expect the grifter got recycled or had some recycled (pardon the puns) parts on it. Not healthy for a growing lad.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yeah, and responsible for me buying a Harley - with similar, although slightly more painful, results. Still miss it, and the Raleigh (?sp) Chopper, though. The Harley Trike I got a couple of years ago wasn't half as much fun - but equally as expensive to maintain :-(

Reply to
Mother

I've a longstanding search for a 101 Vampire that can cook, clean, nurse me when ill and shag me senseless...

Reply to
Mother

Sitting on the drive...

4.4 V8 Range Rover Vogue (L322) 4.6 V8 Discovery ES (Romulus) 2.5 V6 Freelander GS (CB40)

Hmmm....and the future holds something with an extra 100bhp over the 4.4 :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

If I ever get around to restoring it (paint...what else is there!) then I'll park it up at work in the back yard...should take their minds off the 101

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D