R380

Hi guys,

Advice please. Does anybody know if the main shaft on a r380 out of a td5 defender is the same length as the 300tdi defender. I have bought a second hand td5 box with 20k under it's belt (complete with transfer box) and planned to do a full transplant into my 300tdi defender. I hadn't planned on doing it yet but since the clutch fork snapped in Leicester and had to drive home to Bolton using the starter method yesterday complete with trailer I don't seem to have much choice?

Reply to
Graham Jones

I've got a TD5 R380 lying around somewhere. The bell housing is all wrong

*and* the main shaft is much longer....
Reply to
Neil Brownlee