RANGE ROVER4.6 HSE LPG

Just brought hse with lpg conversion, can anyone tell me when the gas is likely to run out. I have an led display near the footwell is it going to run out when 1 led is lit (it has 4 leds) or will the last one go out before i run out. cheers Rik

Reply to
ONETIME via CarKB.com

Fill it up & see what happens matey!!!

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
richardkennedy40 via CarKB.com

Bastard! I should have let you drive on...............

hehehehehehee

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
onetime via CarKB.com

I think you misundertood me, i wasnt taking the piss fella, I just sold one of the exact same cars you are driving & i was merely making a silly point that £30 for 60 litres is cheaper than it has ever cost me as most folk here we use a lot of very expensive fuel.

I think your pills are for more than ADHD pal.

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
richardkennedy40 via CarKB.com

Reply to
richardkennedy40 via CarKB.com

You're a funny guy...................

Reply to
Nige

How big is the tank? If you filled it up with 70L & it had 3 of 4 led's out, it was 75% full i would think.

Reply to
Nige

empty i mean

Reply to
Nige

On my setup, 4 green lds's register as full, gradually dropping to one led which is then followed by a red led, warning me that tank is close to empty (around 10 litres left). You are unlikely to get a precise register with each green led going out, driving experience will teach you the approximate state of fuel remaining in tank. My system automatically switches over to petrol when the last remaining drop of Lpg goes so don't have the worry of just how much gas there is. Bob

Reply to
BoB-B

Reply to
Onetime via CarKB.com

Hi

Mine had one red LED on the left and a few green ones on the right - plus a small button .

All greens lit when full,dropping as tanks emptied - button was for a manual switch over to petrol when LPG empty as this did not happen automatically on mine.

LEDs unreliable as to quantity in tanks - I just got in the habit of filling up every 200 miles or so according to the odometer

Reply to
Graeme

That's the most sensible way to do it. Fill the thing up, make sure you have a reasonable amount of petrol in t'other tank, then run it on gas until it cuts out. Take note of the odometer reading & in future fill it up on gas just short of that. Don't take the LED indicators as anything but a rough hint of what's going on. On mine the LEDs show two greens on full, four on empty..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

LPG gauges seem to be fairly crap and vague.

The best way to work it out is to first check that it will run on petrol and practise your switch over - then run it on gas till it stalls! Mine will start spluttering and the idle will drop and a minute or so after that it will run out.

my gauge has 4 lights i think. 4 is full. the 1st light takes about

100 miles to go out, the last light goes out when it is totally empty and takes about 100 miles/20litres.
Reply to
Tom Woods

Reply to
ONETIME via CarKB.com

I think all the gauges are crap whichever system you have! :)

I cant see how it would hurt it running it out? but my LPG kit is only only a single point on a car and yours might be a fancy multipoint system.

The only problem it could cause is if you are somewhere inconvenient when it runs out, as long as you are okay with changing over to petrol (there can be a delay while fuel gets from the tank to the business bits depending on the conversion!) you should be fine.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Reply to
onetime via CarKB.com