Re: Scientific brake testing?

Brakes - LandRover?........?que :-)

Regs

> > >Do you know anyone at Gaydon > > Yes, we provide services at G-D... (well, shhh, the place "next > door") - trouble is, I'm a little 'too' well known, and I want to save > some favours for a latter date ;-) > > (also, see note below) > > Plus, getting on their 'puterised test rig would only be possibly by > signing all kind of nasty documents, and then conducting the tests I'd > like to look at doing at 5am... > > > - I assume that they have the necessary kit? > > And some! > > >I'll ask a few people I know at Solihull, but they are all > >production people so it's a thin chance. > > Lode Lane is out of the question - I've asked someone who is pretty > much 'up there', and he told me to, well, 'go away' really :-) > > >Do you know anyone in a brake manufacturer who would swap time / > >assistance for publicity materials? > > Don't want to try that, for 'certain' reasons. > > >If you can accept a slightly less technological approach you could > >approach someone in MoD. REME at Catterick certainly have a test > >track (I drove all sorts of stuff around it as a student in 1990). > >Brake testing was an everyday test, but not to the level of precision > >you are looking for I suspect. > > Yeah, I'd thought about REME, and I know a couple of Officers who > would really love to have a play, but again, I'd like to pay some hard > cash - and not to get into favours. This is because I need an > independent report from their test equipment which cannot be later > challenged on the grounds of it being a 'mates thing'. > > >An interesting question though - what are you looking to measure? > > Lots :-) > > > Regards > > Martyn > > -- > Some Land Roveresque (101 biased), links available > from:
I also have a little Land Rover site biased toward> my beloved 101 "Grumble", at:
> > Reading this in alt.fan.landrover? Did you know > there's a group FAQ:
Jem Cooper

Not sure if this would be of any use :

it ages ago, and just googled to find the site.Have a good read of what it can do... Also, I remember (from back when I was a sports car owner) seeing an article where the magazine in question compared its results to their equipment and were satisfied with how close they matched.

Andrew

-- SIII 88" | Member of Club Land Rover Ireland | |

Andrew Harton

Kin eck, you may have found the answer!

Tally ho and bugger the horses...

Reply to
Mother

I have bad memories of the place after myself and a colleague hacked all the way down their on what was ostensibly a sales call, only to spend 2 hours helping a guy with a project!

Still it woud be nice if _some_ good came of it!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

This unit is surprisingly cheap - for what it is.

I knew I should have put a 5.2L TVR build in ;-)

Reply to
Mother