Re: Swapping Diffs

Hi,

> > Does anyone outhere knows what it takes swapping the > differential-assembly in a Stage 1-V8 front axle with one from a > Series ? > Thanks, > > Hertriono

Straight swap - except that the ratio is 3.54 on the stage 1, not 4.7. If you mean how much work, the major work is that you have to remove the axles, which means splitting at either the stub axle or swivel. JD

Reply to
John

On or around Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:43:11 +1000, John enlightened us thusly:

you'll need to swap the back one as well, because of the ratio difference.

I gather that removing a salisbury rear axle diff is non-trivial, and requires a special tool to stretch the axle casing(!), I think the Stage 1 has salisbury rear axle BICBW.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes to both. JD

Reply to