recycled cooking oil as fuel

On or around Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:45:03 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

:-)

in all seriousness, yer better off robbing the bank than defrauding HMC&E. The latter, in addition to getting you banged up, can also auction off yer possessions to recover the missing loot. AFAIK, the bank can't...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And they have greater 'break into your house and look around' powers than any other body, including the police. I did once make a very sarcastic comment to a customs officer at Dover (it was late, I had driven all the way from Munich in one go and didn't really need a search at the time) and got a look that said 'I'll let that one pass, next time it's the rubber gloves'.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Twas Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:10:47 +0100 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

I live in a small fishing village here in cornwall. All manner of emergency vehicles are here often, police, ambulance, fire engines, coastguard and even the navy bomb disposal but I'll never forget the day I was in town when a HM C&E discovery rolled down the main street, the whole place went quiet, silent, shoppers stopped in the street, the seagulls made not a sound, it was eerie.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Why? Had they left the handbrake off?

Reply to
Mother

The only thing they cannot do it kill you. They have to call 5 in for that...

Reply to
Mother

Twas Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:10:05 +0100 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

No I think they'd left it on...

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

He just told me to drink less ;-(

I have no intention of getting on the wrong side of HMC&E (I have trained a few and they were all very nice ). I *did* get a gallon of old chip oil from the local chippy with the intention of seeing how easy it would be to convert into useable fuel for the Rover but never got any further ..

1) I didn't get round to it .. 2) The Rover does ~55 mpg and has done 170k already so didn't want to risk it ;-( 3) I don't do enough miles for it to be an issue.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You're not "Madame Whiplash" in another group by any chance?

Reply to
Mother

Only weekends .. wanna make a booking? ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Gees, Tim...... *** 55mpg ***. What's your 'secret' ? ...... or is it 'delusion' ?? :))))

.... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

On or around Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:06:14 +1000, snipped-for-privacy@wherever.inOz (frodo) enlightened us thusly:

I think you'll find it's a "rover" without the "land" bit. that kind might to 55 mpg downhill with the engine off.

Reply to
Austin Shackles