remote central locking

my tdi 300 rcl suddenlly stopped working, changed the fob battery but nothing, does anyone know the location of the sensor that picks up the signal from the fob

thanks

Reply to
bartsville

Mine is up by the interior front light. I have to most of the time hold the remote fob up to the window to get it to lock or unlock. GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Oops , sorry, i have got my brain in gear this time, the actual sensor to pick up the key fob signal will be in the alarm itself, the interior sensors(window breaking) are up by the interior light. GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

P38's use the antenna fired onto the rear side window. Reception terrible- why can I unlock my Rover 825 from 25 feet away, but must be 4 feet from the Rangie?? Frustrating, as usually I'm 6 feet away & have to walk back, muttering under my breath... Occasionally have to go over TO the window & hold the fob against the glass. This is the standard workaround, from the owner's manual no less.

Reply to
Natalie Drest