Removing rear tub?

Are there any web sites describing the removal (and refitting) of the rear tub on a Defender (90)?

My Land Rover is a pick up and due to a rear end shunt, the tub is scrap. Do I need to remove the cab to replace the tub?

I expect I can just cut a lot of it off but I'd like some guidance on what and where to cut.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

This is the second you've had which has been shunted isn't it? :(

Reply to
David French

Don't think you should be doing much cutting at all, Derry - chopping the heads of bolts would be all I would use the grinder for. I'd take the seats out, seatbox, stuff like seatbelts, then truck cab roof and rear panel. Remember and disconnect ALL the light wires at the back (guess who forgot one once ;)

Remember also about the fuel tank filler hose disconnection. Let me know if you need a hand lifting it off.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

"David French" wrote in news:bs1jut$8jaou$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de:

Same one. I'm just a bit slow. But I do have a replacement

300Tdi.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

William MacLeod wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@macleod-group.com:

Thanks, Willie, I was intending to email you privately anyway! The tub at Ilkeston is being brought north by Invergordon Port Services, hopefully on Tuesday.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Don't know of any

Yes. It may be just possible to do it without, but the cab is not difficult to remove.

Should be no need to cut anything. Disconnect wiring to lights, seatbelts, remove cab (after removing inside trim, row of bolts along top of windscreen and bolts along top of tub), bolts at back of sills, bolts at rear of seat box - may be easier to remove entire seat box, bolts from underneath at the front and bolts along the back cross member. You will need a friend to help lift the tub off, or a hoist. The only problem will probably be that most of the bolts are rusted up.

Have fun, JD

Reply to
JD

JD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au: