Replacing footwells

A couple of months ago, I remember seeing a website detailing the replacement of a drivers side footwell with loads of great photos and explanation. Does anybody know where I can find this - I had to rebuild my PC recently and lost all my links.

Many thanks

James SIII Diesel Station Wagon

Reply to
James

Lee has lots of pictures of footwell repairs at

no explanations there though, so youre probably thinkign of another site.

basically you want to go buy your new footwell first, measure up where you want to chop/remove. Get the old stuff out of the way and then fix in the new footwell. easy :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yup....

a little alt.fan.landrover footwell History here.....

HTH

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks for that - it's a start.I might try doing the passenger one first and if it isn't to much of a nightmare, I will attempt the Drivers side!

James

Reply to
James

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:12:17 +0000 (UTC), "James" made me spill my meths by writing:

Depending on whether you are left or right handed, it could put you off :)

I did the drivers side first. I'm left handed and found it a pain to work with mask and get the mig torch in. However, after the neighbours complained about the language I took the seat box out as well when doing the passenger side, much better.

Dinky Applelips

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Not a problem there at the moment Wayne - There's no seat box, floor, wings, engine, gearbox, radiator etc.

Doing the footwells was one of those things I was trying not to do as part of the rebuild. I had a misguided idea that I could patch them up and they would be OK, but after trying to fix the drivers side I realised they were very thin all over. I suppose if I had patched them, they would probably have needed doing anyway in a year or two.

I went and bought the bits today. Both footwells set me back £26, but they seem good - holes predrilled in all the right places etc.

Just got to wait for the weather to do it now...

JMS

Reply to
James

My footwells are needing repairs as well. Where can I get parts? Does anybody have a link to a place?

Knulp

Reply to
Knulp Rittmeyer

Lee_D