RRC forward to reverse noise.

Not a clunk, it's more like a noise you get if your brakes aren't correctly applied with an auto & then you put it into Drive. If you know what I mean? It's got the BW transfer box I believe (no difflock)

Not right bothered by it, but wouldn't mind knowing what it was?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

If you mean theres some slack taken up when switching bewteen the two this is normal. I'm trying to imagine what you have described and this is what comes to mind. Does it make a difference when the hand brake is applied?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:23:09 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

on the 110, with the sam transmission, I eventually traced the bloody great clang that it made when doing this to wear in the front axle, notably CV joints, but also there are rather a lot of splines in the front half of the transmission.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Dunno, I'll try tomorrow! Have you ever had the feeling in the cars brakes at very slow speeds, it's like a dragging sound? That is exactly how it feel, like a grabbing/slipping very smooth judder?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

There's no clang or any metal on metal noise, it feels like a 'damped' motion if you know what I mean.

Nige

Reply to
Nige