Rust

I have an old Discovery 1 with bits of rust showing. I believe Aluminium doesn't rust but it's the equivalent. Anyone know the best stuff to treat it with before painting. Do I just use 'KuRust' as before or is there something better for Land Rovers? Thanks

Reply to
h graham

I have used both two-pack primer and UPOL Acid # 8 etch primers on the (aluminum) panels of my RR. The Acid #8 is easier to use and less hazardous. I have been told that standard rust treatments such as Jenolite can be used on ali-worm but can't comment.

If you don't use an etch primer on aluminium my experience has been that the paint falls off!

Many years ago I saw a mention in the AWDC magazine of a product from Guernsey that was supposed to kill and treat the powdery aluminium corrosion, even seeping along those little worm paths you can see under the paint. However, I could never find the article when I needed it!

BOL Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage