Safari Snorkel - 200tdi 90

Evening

Im going to get a safari snorkel for the 90, and am just wondering about fitting..

Is there a guide i can look at on the web somewhere before i go and get it?

How hard / easy are they to fit?

Mark.

200tdi 90
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

So it is.

The mantec units come complete with fitting kit and instructions

Inversley proportional to the amount of time you have available.

Reply to
William Tasso

Don't know if this exactly for your model but it's a guide:

Dougal

Hi Mark; Happy new year.

I recently fitted one to my 300Tdi 90.

Full fitting instructions with clear diagrams came included, along with a template. All I had to do was check all the factory fitted intake system was okay and in good order. Dry fit the seals and template, measure and mark, then bite the bullet and drill the wing. A small amount of adjustment to get the upright to the 'A' post for securing and Bob's your uncle. A second pair of hands will help to hold the unit while you mark the wing and 'A' pillar. I am no mechanical whiz I can assure you, but I found this job was not difficult at all.

A word of advice, the intake at the top of the upright is only held with a jubilee clip around the moulded plastic components, too easy to steal in my book, so for a little more security I drilled and secured mine with a couple of 1" self tappers. Do this symmetrically then if you are in very dusty conditions you simply unscrew it and turn it around.

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis