Salisbury diff pinion waggle. sounds dangerous/expensive

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Yup - wash the screen on the way to work, inhale deeply, and Bob's yer uncle for the rest of the shift.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Probably. And the -70C? The world record lowest temp is only -89C (Vostok, Antarctica) July 21, 1983. Carbon Dioxide freezes out at

-79C. Moscow is currently experiencing an unusually cold snap with temp in the mid -30'sC.

Now I know they said we were going to have a cold winter but...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Probably neat stuff has a freezing point of -70.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Methanol freezes at -98C, ethanol at -114C.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yebbut, aren't these things glycols ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm pretty sure they are various strength alcohol solutions. Glycols is what makes up radiator antifreeze not washer bottle stuff.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nope - they're alcohols.

Reply to
Dougal

"Steve" ha scritto nel messaggio news:43d0dff0$0$28435

Don't think so, glycols (dual -OH) are more aggressive to the body paint. They can be safely used within the sealed coolant circuit, though.

ciao VA

Reply to
Vincenzoni Attilio, Esq.