seals and brake fluid

the seals between the reservoir and the master cylinder are leaking, it's only a drip but it'll empty itself at least daily.

Can I take the reservoir off and re-seal it using some sillycone or similar? or will the hydrolic fluid f*ck-it?

I don't have a spare £35 for a new master cylinder at the moment and it seems I can't get the seals, unless they are in some kind of overhaul kit?

PS the brakes seem fine so I assume that they are not needing to take any fluid form the reservoir and so not sucking in air when it's run dry. but I still want it fixed pronto.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Have you tried your friendly neighbourhood brake and hose type place - they must have something I'd have thought.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

spose I'll take it apart tomorrow and nick the wifes saab to go see what I can sort out.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.