Series gearboxes

Hi,

I have been told that the series 2A gearboxes are stronger than the series

3 gearboxes Exactly what are the weak points with a series 3 box ?

Thanks

Liam Hoskin

Reply to
Liam

The S3 'boxes have syncromesh on all forword gears. This makes them weaker but easier to use than "dog box" types

Reply to
Adrian England

But means that if you don't double-de-clutch the IIa box wears out remarkably quickly.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

And if you do double declutch and have odd seats then you get premature wear to the knee...like wot I got :-(

But the good news is then you have a good excuse to build your own Percy :-)

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D