*sigh* It gets worse...

And a bit twisty turny, stoppy starty as well ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:00:17 +0100, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, and narrow. some amusing reactions from idiots in little cars, suddenly realising that they need to actually drive on the bit of road less than 2ft from the edge, on account of sod-off trailer approaching 'em. Dunno what they do if they meet a lorry, which is the same width. *and* I didn't actually hit any stone walls, although it came close a couple of times. I trust the following traffic was duly impressed by my driving ability, with the trailer sides missing the stone wall by about 2" and the oncoming vans etc by about 6".

that really is a tight road, in places. dunno what happens when you get 2 artics in opposite directions.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Pray ... or invoke an SEP .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Shut Eyes Procedure?

Works for me every time ;o)

Reply to
Martin Lewis

Someone Else's Pile-up?

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

Somebody Else's Problem (D. Adams, HHG2G)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

in article 4106ae24$0$7117$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Lizzy at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 27/7/04 20:33:

Paint it pink and put an SEP field round it. HHGTTG....

Reply to
Rory Manton

Obviously the W.Indies could have done with a Chesterfield on the pitch at Lords this week

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

Heheheh, I was thinking of HHGTTG's Somebody Else's Problem, but yours fits the bill nicely .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

"What happened to cause the accident?"

"Sorry Officer, I don't know, I had my eyes shut!"

Reply to
EMB

Hehehe. Probably benifit from an exploding cricket ball or two as well.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

panic usually

Reply to
Denis F

I aw in an Auto Express the other week (trying to figure out what to replace Bentley 8 with that is more Labrador friendly, still not sold B or decided!) and they had a whole "thing" on this garages over tightening and the damage it can do. They visited loads of placed and very few got it right.

My first AA call out was to undo over tight wheel nuts on a flat tyre :-) Ever since carry a length of steel bar around for just such an occasion.

Sarah

Reply to
The Hills

Wonder if that's ever appeared on an insurance claim.

Reply to
hugh

I was actually present when that line was used at an accident scene. I was on the fire crew that was cutting an injured person out of one of the vehicles. It was 3am and the driver that said that was alluding to the fact that he had decided it was bedtime.

Reply to
EMB

EMB of snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz stated on Wednesday 28 Jul 2004 22:34 in alt.fan.landrover:

Hmm. I've always found that stopping for 20 minutes for a quick doze really helps... Pity that driver decided to try and kill someone first before having a break!

Elwyn

Reply to
Elwyn York

But you can get around it by bobbing up and down...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Whats with the powernapping?

I hear all around of people getting great benefit from a quick 20min nap. Some roadhouses are gonna open 30 mins quiet rooms for a doze.

Thing is , if i doze for 20 mins when i awake i cannot function at all. I wake up feeling like death. Maybee im the odd one out but a just cant do powernaps as my brain goes to sleep then i cant drive back at all.

Im a coffee, nicoteen and windows down kinda wakeup.

Reply to
Jason Hall

Jason Hall of snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com stated on Thursday 29 Jul 2004 14:23 in alt.fan.landrover:

For some people they can stay awake for a very long time without sleep, however I like a lot of drivers I know need sleep, and usually at least every 15-20 hours!

If I'm driving more than 3 hours, or setting off before 5am I'll factor in extra break stops. Powernapping does work for me, 20 minutes after driving for 2hrs really helps.

HGV drivers by law need to take a 45 minute break every 4.5 hours, but they can be split up but the smallest amount of time per break is 15 minutes. Whilst I don't drive on Tachos nor need to stick to the above driving rules (as I drive plant/crane vehicles, rather than goods vehicles) I still need rest from being behind the wheel.

Of course, if I've been driving 5 hours to get to a job for 8 in the morning I'll plan to get their earlier a, to miss most the traffic and b, have a nap before starting work. Lazy git aren't I :)

Elwyn

Reply to
Elwyn York

Oh, _that's_ what they're for! ;-)