SIIa/ SIII Roof liner & Safari Roof conversion

Percy is going to get some Summer lovin'...

Others may be interested and unsurprised to learn that the LWB safari roof is simply a SWB Safari roof plus some...

Ok so I've spent an hour or two tonight stripping down a LWB safari roof bought from Tom. I've got the windows out and the safari roof top off, also the vents removed.

Do the paddocks replacement Roof liners come with all the metal bits inserted ? (I'm after the swb ones)

This is to be fitted on to Percy for those 3 days of summer we get... to be honetest It's more the look and the posh interior I'm going for, although I'm told when your on the move the vents do make the interior somewhat baltic during a heatwave... any comments? Anything has to be an improvement over the normal sweltering interior conditions.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I'm glad to hear that its progressing! :) Tinting the windows made a huge difference on my standard roof, so you could also do that. should get nice and chilly in there then!. Them slidey side windows should be dead easy to do too!

Which remids me. Does anybody want any more bits of station wagon?. Still got the tub, T pieces and back doors to get rid of....

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yeah I just need to make some templates now... to be honest I'm extremely tempted to use the roof vents on the 101 but it would be a shame to waste this roof now.

I can always explore that option when I fit a roof rack and have a raised floor on the rack..certainly over the cab anyway.. That should ensure some cooling in the front cab area where it's needed most in the Summer.

Looks like I've talked myself into another job!

Get them bits stuck on Ebay ,,, I bet you would have plenty of interest in the doors..

Dad popped around earlier and bought the Carb back...or at least put it in his boot...then went and forgot to pass it over ...doh!

Will pop it back in the next couple of days..

Lee D