'Smart Repairs'

Got a quote to repair my buckled door today, Cosmic, one of the mobile smart repairers have said they can do the whole job for around £125, including blending the paint in to the adjoining panels. Seems very cheap and whilst please that it isn't going to need an insurance claim I am a bit wary as to the quality of work. He does loads for the local LR dealer though and they recommended him.

Anyone any experience of this type of repair and is there anything I should watch out for?

Reply to
Andy

Sounds like Chips away under a different name... no doubt a different Franchise group. Couldn't fault the guy I had do ours. Would deffo have him around again but hope I don't need too. Our guy was very cautious with the shades, there were 4 different cards for Zambezi Silver and he really sweat between two of them but neither of us could see any difference and it turned out fine. The way they mix the paints is trick too.... litterally three drips of this... four drips of that good shake and check with some clever doofer before application. Heaters galore to dry out the job and the use of IR temp sensors to ensure the optimum temp to dry out the job without melting the pannels.

Eeee I can smell the paint again!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D