snake oil?

Nowt wrong with mine, but is it worth chucking some in just for the laugh?

Reply to
Nige

Heres the worring bit :

I researched the market and found that an American company has been producing this sealer for the past 35 years and had supplied the engine re-building industry with it. This product worked for me.

Has anyone ever bough a re-conditioned engine?

Cracked block???.....fill with ironite.....Sell it on as reconditioned.....Scarey

Reply to
vertuas

But does it work?

Reply to
Nige

I guess if you _have_ a cracked head it might be worth a try, it's certainly cheaper than a replacement. But maybe that's what they want you to think. Look at the wording, "It's very easy to use, all you need to do is add it to clean water in the system, no anti-freeze, this is very important. I recommend using a radiator flush first" ... I suggest that's going to be the 'get out of jail free' clause to be invoked when the stuff doesn't actually do what it says on the tin.

I wouldn't use it.

But please, you feel free and report back your findings ... in a properly scientific manner, of course, none of your mumbo-jumbo, usual beat around the bush, malarkey.

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

No idea matey, never even heard of it before!

Reply to
vertuas

It works bloody well. I used it to sort out a Pajero with a leaky head or head gasket a month or so ago - the vehicle in question happily travelled 800 miles home and is still running well. With the way it works there's no point in using it if you haven't got a problem.

I think the seller is taking the piss on price though - thats seems to be over twice what I paid for it here, and a bit of googling shows it available for US$11.95.

Reply to
EMB