snake oil?

She might offer the same "cure" as offered for over excitable dogs....

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

woof woof

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

But if a simple magnet could do these claims then why don't the vehicle manufactures include them in the vehicles build in the first place...or hell they could even have it as a n optional extra.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

these things are only magnets .

for 3.60 uk pounds you can buy screwdriver magnetiser listed below and will do same job .

try this

and buy some of these, i have 2 fitted next to eachother on the incoming fuel line to my

300tdi injector pump .

when i bought the vehicle it did 24mpg , i backed off the fuel metering to injector pump and also fitted the "magnetisers " , now its up to

28.5mpg .

make sure to put cable ties round the oustide to hold the magnets together as the o-rings perish quite quickly and crack , cable ties will ensure it all stays where you fitted it to plastic fuel line .

these little blocks are soft plastic coated and will fit over top of

10mm od fuel lines .

why pay 40 odd quid for someone to have lots of money in the bank and fancy holidays at youre expense , pay 8 quid and if they dont work youve not broke the bank .

Reply to
m0bcg

There's no such thing as 'only magnets'. Magnets vary quite a huge degree in their strength - as any Magician will tell you.

Reply to
Mother

On or around 26 Apr 2005 13:09:28 -0700, "m0bcg" enlightened us thusly:

which is probably the key aspect of the exercise.

I still don't believe that a) magnets affect petrochemicals or b) in the unlikely event that they *do*, any effect of say aligning molecules would be lost as the stuff's liquid and gets squirted around various pipes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

well i should know , from my position on the inside ..

i run a workshop looking after 4 large circuses currently touring the uk . we have everything from monglians to human cannonballs .

most magnets are imported from china these days

Reply to
m0bcg

Why?

And?

So?

I really get irritated when people claim to know so much, and assert it with such unconvincing evidence and then continue to demonstrate so little. Magnets ARE NOT THE SAME - sorry if this doesn't make sense, that's not my concern. And as an aside, not that it matters, more magnets are manufactured in Sheffield (UK, not China) than anywhere else on the planet - tis one of the things we do still manufacture.

Reply to
Mother

Mother Hi,

So magnets can rust and breakdown after all (if the are manufactured in Sheffield that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!) (kidding, since this comes from someone who lives in a country that was able to make Italians and Japanese close their locally based car assembly lines )

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

i am an trained engineer if you wish to know , and i work on the "inside" of the entertainment industry , although this doesnt mean that i have not done anything else in my lifetime except this . . for rude and ignorant people like youreself i have no time to make up an easy explanation that you may understand without taking the time to learn about such things and speak to others in a respectfull manner.

all i am doing here is simplifying matters so that someone who asked a question will not get ripped off buying a product that is overstated as being something no less different than a screwdriver magnetiser , but costs 10 times as much .

you youreself might well have a connection with marketing the vastly expensive "fuel saving " devices and wont want people like me revealing the truth and letting everyone know what they are really made from .

all magnets repel or attract , which do you do ?.

Reply to
m0bcg

In news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, m0bcg blithered:

Often unfortunately we 'trained engineers' feel the need to help those not so well informed, whereas in truth we should let them fester in their own excrement. Whatever we would be better not feeding the trolls!

Reply to
GbH

mai ve farce be wiv u an th' grammah two...

Ah, assumptions are wonderful, aren't they? you obviously have such far greater insight and education - I bow to your superiority and bathe in your glory oh worshipfool one...

No, all you are doing is telling everyone how much you know - alright, telling them badly, and in a "I'm far better than you, listen to me as I really do know better than you, honest I'm an expert injineer" way, but telling just the same (very telling). You're also making huge generalisations and (somewhat incorrect) assumptions about something you quite evidently know a 'little' about, but not enough, even by the most clueless of standards, to present the mere whisper of qualified evidence to support.

So you've not really bothered to read the thread have you?

Well, I seem to be attracting one monumental f****it right now, so...

Reply to
Mother

You empty slot machines??

Reply to
Nige

I think the plastic magnets are the best, they only work if you believe the sales literature, they are only slighty better than rubber screwdrivers and chocolate teapots.

As for rudeness, I can teach you that in three easy lessons,

Lesson number one - F**k off

Lesson number to - I thought I told you F**k off

Lesson number three - wheres my F**king dosh for teaching you the other two lessons ?

Reply to
Larry

On or around Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:10:04 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

teehee. I like it; will have to remember that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles