Snow

Whats the point in having a decent 4x4 when theres thounds of people in cars and not decent 4x4s stuck in front of you, i say ban cars on snow days and no work for everyone.

Merry Xmas

Reply to
Splitpin

Sorry spelt thounds wrong

Reply to
Splitpin

My 8 year old daughter was out making snowmen at 7am today and then came running in to tell us that our neighbour's Jeep (Cherokee) was stuck. I should have offered him a tow out with the 110 ;-)

(To be honest I've no idea how he managed to get stuck, even normal cars were copeing).

AC.

Reply to
Andrew Cleland

Oh, how satisfying :-)

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

How mortifying, poor Jeep being stuck with such a crap driver.

Merry Christmas to all on here from me also. :-)

Reply to
Oily

I rather like the word. 'Thounds'. Wonder how I can use it?

Merry Christmas to all from New Orleans!

Reply to
Molesworth

Thounds good to me!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Funny!

Merry Christmas all round peeps!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

For those of you that haven't already seen it, here's how not to tow a car in snow.

Plus the classic bumper cars on ice.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Merry Christmas to all from the decidedly un-snowy Southern colonies.

Reply to
EMB

Some days I sure wish it would snow here. 40deg+ days with 70-80% odd humidity sure is a bugger when you're trying to work under a customer's hot Land Rover.

Merry Christmas and stuff from me over here in the Penal Colonies... (read: very Sunny Queensland, Australia.)

-Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

I will drink to that !

bmc

Reply to
Brian Colwell

At least you can feel your bl**dy fingers, which is more than I can at the moment!

Gordon, snowed under in Kent.

Reply to
gordon

I put my slightly ailing Defender into a dealer I've never tried before for some work, put it in on November 9th, straight afterwards we had torrential rain for weeks while I only had a small leaky sports car to drive around in. Now we're forecast for icy conditions and the Landy is still at the garage, for a month and a third now, different garage mind, given the total incompetence and pathetic excuse-making of the first. Had to resort to court threats and taking it elsewhere. Still don't have it back yet!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

..

Bad news Lee - I currently have 2 running landrovers. It is not going to snow round here this year! ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Bad news Lee - I currently have 2 running landrovers. It is not going to snow round here this year! ;)

How odd... the message hasn't indented?

If they disappear I may have accidentally impounded them ;0) It will of course be an admin blunder and Snow will be assured :0)

You never know it could just be that Two running Landies cancel themselves out..

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW :o)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Geeeeeezzzzz thanks Lee. I'm in Virginia, and saturday we had 28+ inches of snow.....and now the roads are packed and freezing. The disco1 has its chains on and doing great!!! Its a wonderfull feeling pulling out ferds and bowties!! Of course now that i've posted the dam thing will break. Merry xmas to you all!

Reply to
Rick N

"ferds and bowties" ??????????? Am I missing something here? Wish we had more snow, only got around 4" in Morayshire, but enough to go play in the Ram, lol. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

ferds.... them things with a blue oval bowties.... as found on a Chevrolet

Reply to
EMB

Aaaah, right, lol.

Reply to