Sold!!!

Me baby is going Saturday, at least it's off to a group member!

No car, oh bugger!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

On or around Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:13:34 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

better get studying eBay pronto - I bet there are some decent TD5 discos on there...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm leaning to a 110 right now!!!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:40:01 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I thought you'd decided on a TD5 ES spec disco II?

although the 110 is a damned good truck. I still regret getting rid of mine, although it made sense at the time. nemmind, I've got the SIII now, which in some ways is even better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

How about a nice red soft-top with an uprated engine ;-)

Mine's up on fleabay now, reserve of £3,500, seems to be getting more interest this time. Item no. 280017433943.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:59:13 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

it's a hell of a nice looking truck, actually - if I had the money and was in the market I'd buy it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If some bleeder doesn't buy it, you might be in the market before I get shot of it! It is an excellent truck, I hope it doesn't go for £3,500, it's worth more than that but I've just not managed to shift it yet. No-one's even had a look at it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings wrote, On 17/08/2006 14:14:

I've just had a look at it. Good luck with the sale, it looks great.

Just out of interest, that kind of roll-over bar is that. It's not standard for a soft top to have one of those is it? Does it attach to chassis outriggers?

DavidM

Reply to
DavidM

I don't know if it's standard, but I wanted something for the seatbelts to attach to and also to offer a modicum of protection in a roll-over. I got it with the soft-top which came from an ex-mil either series or early 90/100 IIRC.

It doesn't attach to the chassis, it sits on the body capping, with triangulation struts to the rear, bolted down and inserted into rivetted holders underneath the body capping. All that came as standard, it's apparently how it was when it was taken off the donor vehicle.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings