Some ba$T@rd's nicked me winch

Went out for a couple of hours fishing this afternoon and came back to find the winch and bumper missing. Some ar$e unbolted the bumper with the winch attached and cut through the 1/2" welding cables feeding it.

Bumper was a standard box section LR winch bumper (with a lot of rust patches), winch was a Warn 8254 with a sticky clutch (VERY difficult to get into free running mode), alloy faired, deep cut to metal behind faired from when it had wire fitted. Winch was loaded with rather faded violet dyneema (sp?) with a yellow hook.

I'm in Bletchley, Bucks, winch was stolen in Walton lake car-park in Milton Keynes.

Keep a look out for it if you could.

Cheers

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Cheeky buggers, sorry to hear that matey.

Keep an eye on eBay !!

Reply to
Andy

Sorry to hear that, doubt it will show up here in Wigan but will keep eyes open.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Hi Will sorry to hear about your theft, Do you have any photos so we could post them in our stolen section on our website

Cheers Martin

land rover parts auction site cheaper than ebay Free Membership Free listings up to =A35000 =A31.00 final sale fee per item up to =A31000

Reply to
landybitz.com land rover parts auction site

I'm going to have a hunt through my pics - I'll probably be able to crop something off one of the shots I've got. Thanks for the offer, and thanks to all who've responded. I'll be winchless for a while - can't justify the replacement cost at the moment and am toying with the idea of getting a tirfor instead of a powered winch (I use one regularly on canal restoration jobs so know they require a fair bit of effort in use, but also know how versatile they are).

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson