Speedbleeders

Any one used these?

Don't need them right now but I bet they would be worth there price on a newly fitted system. Especially the likes of the 101 which are legendary in there awkwardness to bleed.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:13:38 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

nice idea, but it doesn't solve the biggest problem you might encounter, and that's seized-in bleed nipples.

Pressure bleeding is the ideal, IMHO. found the relatively cheap easi-bleed to work well, considering the cheapness, and it bleeds things that otherwise won't by gravity alone, like 110 clutch cylinders...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My prefered system is the Easi-bleed, cheap too. I've used others, but always prefer this one. The other advantage of this system is with it fitted, you go round to each bleed nipple and can see exactly what's happening as air is expelled etc, with the speedbleeder you have to put a pipe on it then return to pumping the pedal, and seeing what's going on isn't going to be easy I'm guessing.

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler

snipped-for-privacy@bbc.co.uk uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I do like the Easybleed but even that refused to sort the 101 when the need arose. Mityvac has it's praises sung on high by many 101's which basically sucks fluid from the nipple and saves faffing around with missing seals ;-)

I've not got one but would like to add one to the bits to go missing when you need them shelf.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I have a nasty feeling that the fluid reservoirs on my 101 might explode if i stuck an easybleed on them and pressurised it!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 03 Jul 2006 00:15:05 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

did anyone get anywhere with the replacement stainless steel ones?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I think they are on Steves to do list...

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Twas aluminium. The problem is that to get 'em made by anyone in the UK would cost 90 quid a piece, even CNC etc etc. I could get them made in China or Taiwan for about 25 quid a piece, or even less, but I still balk at "Chinese" and "Landrover" in the same sentence.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor