stainless steel hard top

...slightly off topic but as both vehicles have steel chassis and rust free body panels I thought I'd let you all know that a deLorean has just pulled up at my neighbour's house down the road. It has NO paint on the bodywork at all and the lustre of a Franke kitchen sink. I never thought I'd ever see one of those things. Y reg (1981 or 2 ??). It is actually quite handsome but unfortunately gull winged.

Eddy

2a swb 1967 +ve earth
Reply to
Eddy Bayton

"Eddy Bayton" wrote

None of them did have any paint on them. Quite a nice looking car in the flesh, if ageing a bit, a lot smaller in the metal than it looks in photos.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

In article , Bob Hobden writes

One of the weirdest experiences I've ever had was sitting in someone's lounge early in the morning across the valley from the just-closed DeLorean plant (Dunmurray?). As the sun rose we were dazzled by the reflection from the serried ranks of stainless steel bonnets, all parked in neat rows.

Shame the plug was pulled, although I believe Mr. D. was alleged to have pocketed rather more than the government intended...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

The best ones have a "Mr Fusion" stuck on the back :O)

Reply to
jOn

The last twenty of them were sold at the nearby BCA Car Auctions. They looked very good to me. I took a day off sick to see them and the place was full of TV cameras - just my luck. Alan (Frimley)

Reply to
Roberts

Always had a fancy for one of those, never actually seen one in the metal.

2 litre volvo engines weren't they? wonder if you'd get a V8 in one, or a 6cyl Jag engine.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

They started out with a volvo 4 cylinder, but moved to a V6 in the second half-ish of production. not sure were the V6 was sourced from, may have been volvo aswell.

i managed to touch one at a car museum in Paraparaumu, just North of Wellington NZ. Felt very privileged. made all my Back to the Future fanatic friends really jealous.

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, MVP blithered:

Don't think so, from what I recall there was hardly room for the one they intended putting in.

Reply to
GbH

I think it was a Renault/Volvo V8 that was fitted but it was not as powerful as required to make the heavy stainless steel body move in the same way as it looked.

The fusion reactor in the movie certainly made it move faster though

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Nasty renault v6

Reply to
jOn

Over here theres one in a car museum in Keswick in back to the future kit.

Reply to
jOn

On or around Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:31:33 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

2.7 V6, I reckon. so called "PRV" engine, and not a bad lump.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

till the head gasket goes

Reply to