Start Motor

New (19996) tdi 300 CSW

Lovely!!

One odd thing - when I turn the ignition switch on there is sometimes a slight pause/hesitation before the starter motor engages

Any comments or advice?

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Check battery earth strap and earth strap between chassis and engine .. and of course starter connections!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Possibly a sticky solenoid or dirty solenoid contacts.

Reply to
EMB

My TD lump fires on the button... engine swap? ;0)

Reply to
Lee_D

...it's just thinking about it....

Reply to
oldMaxim

My 1968 S11A does the same - there's usually a 2 second wait between turning the key & the engine beginning to turn

It's been doing that for decades, I've always been worried about it, one day I might investigate it :)

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.' Catherine Aird

Reply to
Duracell Bunny