Starter motor maintenance question

Although this is a non LR question, I'm hoping someone can help me please. I'm replacing the starter motor pinion on the Briggs & Stratton engine of my ride on mower. Should the assembly be lubricated & if so with what, also what about the starter ring that the pinion engages with?

Thanks Tony.

Reply to
Tony

No lubrication anywhere. Anything that you add will tend to collect dirt/dust and will eventually (not too far in the future) cause a malfunction. Clean thoroughly and degrease all parts before re-assembly.

The only thing that I would even consider would be one of those 'dry film' graphite/PTFE lubricants but I've never tried them in this application.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks for that info, I thought it might be the case. Tony

Reply to
Tony