steering wheel

How would you go about removing the steering wheel from a DiscoII without setting off the airbag. I can't see any way to remove it. I need to get to the stalk switches behind it.

Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus

Air bag unbolts from back of steering wheel (2 torx bolts if i remember correctly) then unplugs(put to one side out of way) then treat steering wheel as normal

Reply to
johnty

Done this to retro fit the cruise switches. See if the instructions for doing that are online somewhere.

IIRC disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes for things to discharge. Then undo the four screws/allen bolts that are accessable via recesses in the wheels rear pad. Front pad, with small bomb attached, then lifts of. Make note of the cable routing and unplug.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice