strange smell from heater

Hello All. Recently getting a smell of antifreeze through blower. Is it a easy job to fix and how much for a replacement?.

Regards whoas! of Landy90 1984 john

Reply to
John Oakes

On or around Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:29:09 +0000, John Oakes enlightened us thusly:

worth trying radweld or similar. Probably won't work, but you never know.

otherwise you have to remove the heater box and drill out about 73 little rivets to get the top off in order to replace the little radiator.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Fixing it could be a hassle - depending upon where it's gone. Look for a good second hand replacement. Just a thought, but are you sure it's the smell of antifreeze? A friend recently had his Discovery serviced. Next morning he jumped in, started up, turned the heater on, cleared the screen and got a very strong chemical smell.

Took it back to the dealer where it had been serviced complaining that there was something wrong to be told that they filled the screenwash bottle with new 'nice smelly' stuff...

So, I guess another option would be to get nice smelling antifreeze? Wayne Davies could possibly recommend a vintage... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Worked for me, but you need to give it a good run on the motorway to make sure you get it to a proper cooking temperature. Beware of steamy windows while you're doing it. If you just have a smell of antifreeze, you should be OK. Mine was steaming and the Radweld (or similar) still did the job!

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Cheers for the info, I will try RADWELL. Just reminded to get some more sreenwash.

regards john

Reply to
John Oakes