Summats wrong.

It's just dawned on me... At Gaydon Mrs D was showing considerable interest in Shiney 110's and making "Oooooo" noises... and when I mentioned I would be able to squeeze a carmichale Rangie fire tender on the corner of the drive she replied "We'll see"... not "NO" followed by one of those just you dare looks.

Has anyone else encountered similar behaviour?

I'm a bit worried about leaving keys laying around now, she's also taken a shine to Percy since he's been painted up.

She also instructed me to take a few piccys of P38a's on the Range rover register stand...

Perhaphs it was nestling amoungst 101's and being rescued by an Ambi from the mud....who knows!

Concerned from Stoke.

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Mmm, I think you're in trouble.

  1. She can't make her mind up if she wants a 110 or a P38
  2. She thinks that as long as she can make you believe she's not per sé against a fire truck, she'll use it as leverage to get the car she wants.

After she's got the car she wants, a million reasons for NOT getting a fire truck will miraculously pop into existence. Not in the least the fact that the space you HAD is now taken up by HER new toy.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

The only answer is to send her away for a weekend, then get a fire truck, a

110 and a P38 in the driveway for when she gets back. She'll be so overjoyed about the P38 and the 110 that she'll forgive you the fire truck. Go on, you know it makes sense.
Reply to
David French

Cunning... whos going to break it to the neighbours?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dear Concerned of Stoke,

Thank you for taking the time to ask such an important question. The answer is simple; You have a very special "Mrs D", a model which is the envy of the Land Rover fraternity and one which will serve you well for many years.

Congratulations on a fine choice, however, I'd book as much overtime at work as is possible for the next 20 or so years...

Reply to
Mother

it can't be good... she wants something!

Reply to
Scott snowling

in article 409d27dd$0$24350$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Scott snowling at snipped-for-privacy@mersey-lifeboats.org.uk wrote on 8/5/04 7:33 pm:

Another Land Rover by the sound of it - just hasn't made up her mind which one I should think.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

at

Spoken like a true landy-holic.... did it creep up on you too Nikki or has it always been that way?

Trouble is like alot of others I suppose at the showswe were both like kids in a sweetshop... it's only recently though that Mrs D's leaning towards the likes of the defender and 6 wheel Rangies... She's always had a attraction to new Rangies moreso the P38 than the current model.

I think its possibly an adverse reaction to getting back into caravanning and trying to resist the lure of the Volvo squad.

That and some unintentional brainwashing.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Count yourself lucky. With each passing day Mandy is becoming more 'anti' - she wants Martin Lewis's 90 very much indeed, but hates the

109, latterly the Discovery, and the 101 with a passion that I find quite concerning. Not sure what vehicle will be going to Driffield now - don't be surprised if you see a little grey Merc hiding in the corner...
Reply to
Tim Hobbs

in article 8xsnc.59$pe.32@newsfe1-win, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@histerminalhat.freeservecoat.co.uk wrote on 9/5/04

4:57 pm:

Crept up definately. Bruce's fault for buying a Discovery and a Range Rover and deciding to do the repairs himself.

Bruce likes the newer Range Rovers, but if we ever replaced our RR it would be with another Discovery probably....but then again we've not had a Defender yet...or a 101 and he really does like those.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

There are a few factors to bear in mind here.

Firstly, you haven't anywhere near got it 'comfy'. This was my breaking point with Charlotte - then she rather took to Grumble, and I had to have PAS fitted... Didn't make it any easier when I muted getting the GS and Radio Body, though... :-)

Secondly, you have a young child. Mandy, being a mother, will have concerns - tis what mothers do, and at present those concerns will be showing as you have chronicled. This is not a 'bad' thing but it can be somewhat distracting. Although it can be overcome I think you need to try to put yourself in her place and meet halfway.

Thirdly, based upon the last four years data (as Membership Secretary and Registrar for the club), over 50 percent of 'new' 101 owners become ex-101 owners within 3 years as they become bored and/or broke, lose imagination and/or motivation and generally 'grow out of them'.

None of the above are 'bad', just observations and I guess you may find it helpful to assess the options.

Reply to
Mother

You need some scatter cushions. How about you suggest she makes some little curtains for it? Or would that result in you *wearing* the 101?

Reply to
David French

Some of us have very good reasons for getting rid of thier 101's and rue the day we had to give them up. Given different circumstances I would either still have it, or be buying another one.

Although I could spend the money on a Trike instead.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'd obviously be quite delighted to welcome you back to the club, especially so, should circumstances change in your favour - I always have a ready supply of free rollies on hand and at your disposal at Billing if not :-)

Ah, untill a few weeks ago I could have done you a very (very) good deal on a homebrew Renegade trike. Spares are more costly that a 101, though...

Reply to
Mother