Gaydon Pictures

Had a cracking day. Morph behaved after some last minute rushing around... and if any one saw him but didn't get to speak with me ... no he's not finished yet ;0)

Anyway, piccys are here for those of you who didn't make it.... they are a little 101 Biased so I appoligise in advance.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Well what peed me off about Gaydon was that A*hole in the arena with the poncy middle class voice going on about aquiring an original Series 3 as if it were the antiques road show or sommat.

Mine is not original it is used,

Reply to
Larry

Were you peed off because yours isn't original & if it were you could have flogged it for a nice sum, that's how it reads to me (^-^)

Reply to
Otto Mann

It's good that they seem to be knowledgeable about the marque, just a shame they haven't been on a microphone skills course. If I actually need to hear what the interviewee is saying I find myself stood beside them in the arena.

Gaydon is for me the Posh show of the year (occasionally muddy!)... Billing is getting a little too down to earth (too much petty theft, more like work than a Hobby).. Eastnor seems cool for variety well and truely trumped by Stoneligh Royal County Show.

I did actually hide in Morph for a while, I think you can OD on cars, or it could have been the sun mixed with "Can I have.... Can I have...".. reminds me of me ;o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Not at all, I do not like the classic car as an investment idea, Now for some marques it might well be the thing to do, to try and keep it original, garage it with dehumidifiers, trailer it to shows, but the thing about Landies is there adaptability and that was part of the design idea at the outset surely.

Who keeps a 747 jumbo jet original for example, they would all be grounded if they were.

Now there are some things I would not change, don't want a cat, electronic engine management and all that stuff, and that is so far as I will stay original, however if anyone wanted to restore my landie back to original spec it wouldn't be hard to do anyway, just a bit pointless

Reply to
Larry

Love the picture of the Freeloader with the cam net over it, owner must have been embarrassed to have it at a LR show ;-)

Reply to
SimonJ

No more embarrassed than any other model from Land Rover, why would he/she be embarrassed? Surely not a case of *Not a real Land Rover* Yawn.... (^-^)

Reply to
Otto Mann

Great pictures Lee! The 101 stand was brilliant, should have won best in show IMO. Glad to see you managed to capture my truck on the stand (GS outside club shop, my better half runs the shop). If you had any high res of the old girl (truck not missus, grin) I'd love a copy.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

I wish I'd known I'd have said Hi...

I thought the indoor swimming pool was an excellent idea, if i'd known I'd have bought me trunks ;0)

Got a better res image of those on the site, just let me know the numbers of the piccys you want and I'll bung them your way.. also an emyther address or contact me via the sites address save posting it here and getting spammed.

Was a top stand though and I really had to keep my hands off my wallet at the club shop. I did manage to get my paint though which was a result given I didn't know I was going till earlier in the week and had to make a on the spot decsission re the colour. Desert Sand to start with... was going to be lime stone but I reckon Desert sand should keep some of the purists of my back a bit :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I skimmed the plate that covers the transfer box too.. then routered the floor so it drops nicely below my new laminate floor. Sounds like progress... which show you getting finished for (well habitable- they are never finished) ? I got my paint today too £25 for 5 litres off the paint man... well chuffed with that as it would be £12 a litre at Autopaint if my memory serves me right. :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sprayoller ... dunno yet depends on my practice sessions with the spray gun. I've mastered the Roller, it's only right I should move on.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

So morph made it all the way down without dazzling too many other motorists then? ;)

I decided that i couldnt justify spending a day looking at 101's when i had my own to look at, so i spent the day deconstructing and constructing the interior of mine. It aint half roomy inside now with them stretchers out and the rest of the bulkhead gone. I've pretty much got an engine cover too - now i just need to make a gearbox cover to fill the big hole in the floor ive made and then its almost getting civilised!

Reply to
Tom Woods

So i'm going to be the only one round here with a bright coloured 101 then? ;) I'm impressed you made a choice of colour! Should look good. Are you going to spray it on or roller it?

Reply to
Tom Woods

No worries matey! Will be at eastnor all things being equal, come and introduce yourself if you are there.

The funniest thing about that, was that my brother slept in there last night and managed to place himself in exactly the spot where the water collected! He was moaning this morning about getting a wet ar**. We thought the lightening might have frightened him ;o) Futher to that, when he woke this morning, he found his phone bobbing around in it!!

Cinema worked well I thought. Seemed to be a steady flow of people watching it. I've seen it about 20 times now, being as I was sat with the other half most the weekend.

Emma had done a grand job with the shop. Will be even better at Eastnor as all being well all the new ranges of stock will be there.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Did you have the laminate floor when i last saw it (and did i not notice!) or is it a new addition?

The edge of my floor is supported by an angle frame. Did you grind the edge off that too to make it sit properly, or is yours different. Definately sounds sensible to drop it down, but i dont own a router :(

Might have a go at it with the grinder, or just chisel it off a bit - my floor is pretty soft as i think the water (from my leaky roof last year) has rotted it slightly. I really dont fancy replacing the whole thing though.

I did want to use the 101 in the summer holidays but i think i might be cutting it a bit fine for that (or its going to be very basic) I will see how the next couple of weeks go. If i can get it MOT'd. LPG'd and all my cladding back on by the end of the mont then i think i have a chance!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Er no, threw it in this week.

Get her MOT'd and pop her round.. that plate should only take a couple of seconds to route a lip into the floor. The plate had another section of metal riveted onto it which I removed so it was flat.

Unless your going far then do the LPG after like wot I done.... ..er forget that last comment.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

MOT doesnt actually run out until the end of May. I probably need to sort out my exhaust before then which is why i want to get it sorted sooner!. The funny shaped bit about half way back where the pipes join has a very large hole in it - which sounds nice but probably isnt good for the MOT!

Might take you up on that!. I'll see how far i can get.

I can have a nose at how far youve got with morph too. My conversion plans are changing now i think, and i might see where all your bits come to. I didnt realaise how much space i had until i took everything out!

If i lpg it then i reckon i might drive it some more! It costs me over £40 to fill all my other cars now - and they dont drink as much as the

101! Also my petrol tank leaks and the level float doesnt work (and its embarassing running out)
Reply to
Tom Woods

Great Pictures Lee!

My 101 is now famous (well published on the net), Your Pic 44! I don't know if i spoke to you or not, but i tried to speak to most people, as it was my first show.

I thought it was great, i arrived just as the run was coming in and it was quite a sight!

See you all soon

Reply to
Mark Williamson

Mine are here:

Fantastic turnout - proves we have the most enthusiastic membership base going IMO, shame the effort you chaps put in wasn't reflected by the idiot organisers, though.

Reply to
Mother

Emma is doing an absolutely ace job and the club is VERY lucky to have her. It's another of those 'thankless jobs' that's hard to fill. To fill it with someone with such enthusiasm is remarkable - and she's pretty too :-)

Reply to
Mother