Sunday noon

Well spent most of the afternoon getting a fergie TEF 20 (tractor) stuck up to it's front axle and recovering same with a combination of 110 and hand winch and good old hard graft. All this up Pa's field.

Excellent fun.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

did you get any implements sorted Doc ?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nah, Dads busy at the mo dropping bricks to make a track using an old trailer and the 3 point linkage raising to tip the content s of the trailer. I think I'm over the idea of ploughing for now. A mower / pasture topper would be cool but as someone who suffers chronic hayfever I'll not be partaking in that which is a shame but I have to think of my nose / sanity.

Todays exercise was a test as he's reached a point where he can no longer reverse the trailer well enough to reach the part of the track to tip the brick and rubble. We were hoping to break through the last few hundred metres forwards given it's relatively dry but sadly it's like a clay basin.

:-) Loads a fun until you've got to fill the trenches we created. Proper big boys toys afternoon mind.. laddo was loving it.

Latest whim is a 4 person 16 / 17 ft open Canoe type thing... I'm thinking ahead with this global warming malarky ;-) .. the quest goes on... may never happen but hey ho!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hmm sort of like a canadian canoe then I'm sure I had links to plans for canoes backed up somewhere I've just put the boat on fleabay -"17ft speedboat abandoned project" but it needs the gel coat redoing one side - I just want rid so I can get a motor on the side of the drive for rebuilding got a big and nasty mig all ready to go. The topper thingy is that like a spring mattress no foam but lots of spikes for scarifying ?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Rather than a mower that hugs the turf it's more of a low flying helicopter attachment that chops the growth leaving 4 or 6 inches of stuff. Blades driven from a PTO. Not high on my list of stuff to shred money on at the mo mind.

You use a boat for fishing then?

This is the kind of thing I'd like...

but cheaper.. :-)

Reply to
Lee_D

That a canoe? looks sort of punty to me.That was the idea fishing I mean but it works out cheaper to go on a charter by the time I go through Blair and Co's hoops dunno about the canoe being cheaper I'll take 20 squid and help you put it on your trailer now the cost of a motor to push it along well thats a bit more. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Probably right. Bigger than I would like but realistically it would be what I need for the family to navigate safely.

Found yours. I think it mat be too big for the roof rack :-). Can't you fit it with a radar abosorbing gel coat and go all stelth boat... ahem... not that I would support such an idea... just interested in the concept.

Good point you raise though.. wonder what the Duck Patrols dudes views on canoes is.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

roof rack? jeez you would need Geoff Capes and his big brother to lift it off the deck never mind up onto the roof thats part of the problem not really "off the beach" handleable unless I spend a packet on a roller trailer and a snorkel for the Disco. Derek

Reply to
Derek