Synchro's for fairey overdrive

I'm lookin for two synchro rings for my Fairey-Rangie overdrive. Already did request to Rangerover South, they confirmed that synchrorings are similar to Laro overdrive, and that they were in stock. However, wasn't aware of the fact that they were settled in the US. Anyone knows a firm in the UK also where I could order them?

Thks

Kees

Reply to
k.w

My recollection is that they were off a common British car and not specific to Fairey's overdrive.

Have you got the part number you're looking for?

Reply to
Dougal

I've found two partnrs : Roversdownsouth ,from their Fairey manual: 571936 From my own Fairey -Rangie manual : 737-A1

Kees

Reply to
k.w

If you are searching look out for Superwinch stockists who took over production of the Faireys OD see also

and
who do have some bits.Derek

Reply to
Derek

571936 is the same as in the Fairey O/D for the Series Land Rover - hardly surprising.

It's also a very Land Rover-like part number. Someone will place it for you - Richard?

Reply to
Dougal

Dunsfold Land Rover have some - but you won't appreciate the price!

Dougal

I seem to remember that the synchro on the Series Fairey overdrive is out of a Rover 2000. This may or may not help!

JD

Reply to
JD

and manuals at

Derek

Found the site that lists the OD parts

I checked if its the synchro cone 571936 £32.90 and theres even somone on ebay france listing the bits Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek, thanks a lot for yr info / searching. Think I'll order the cones from the autoparts site. Couldn't find anything on Ebay france. Do you have the Ebay item nr? Compared the cone with the synchroring from a LT95 box. Seems just a little brother to me, so it could be a cone from a Rover 2000 box as mentioned by JD.

Reply to
k.w

NP it was still in my search history- Numéro de l'objet : 250132862918 expensive but there is a lot of kit in there Derek

Reply to
Derek