Thread sizes 89 RR ?

Hi ,

How do I figure out what thread a particular bolt is ? For example, the rear bumper captive nuts look like metric ( coarse thread ) but metric bolts don't fit. I could buy a thread gauge but I thought only UNF and metric were used.

thanks, Wafty

Reply to
Wafty

I'll avoid the difficult general question - but I think that the bolts that you specifically mention have always been 3/8"-24 UNF. Assuming that no-one has been there before you.

Reply to
Dougal

A thread gauge is the only sure answer. The Rangerover classic was originally built with all Unified (UNF and UNC) threads, (except for some Whitworth and BSF) and through its production life gradually replaced these with metric - but the replacement process was by no means complete by the end of production. JD

Reply to
JD