Identify thread

What is the thread and size of the studs that hold the door tops to the door bottom on series landys ? TIA

Reply to
bottle

Dunno, but mine have nuts on that were intended to hold ploughshares in place, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were Whitworth. But the plough nuts and bolts might have changed thread since those nuts ended up in a tractor toolbox.

Actually, they don't look coarse enough for Whitworth. Maybe UNC?

Reply to
David G. Bell

We used pattern ones which, IIRC, were M10 .... which isn't likely to be of much use to you.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:42:36 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

beat me tuit.

seat belt mounting bolts SHOULD be 7/16" UNF by law. I'm just stripping seats out of a pro-conversion tranny, which are a mixture of 7/16 and M10. tut.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

7/16"UNF or 7/16"BSF depending on date. The changeover was around the change from S2 to S2a, but of course since the door tops were interchangeable from S2 to early 110, this is not reliable (my S2a originally had one of each!). And as someone else mentioned, some replacement ones have been made with metric threads.

JD

Reply to
JD

7/16 UNF

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

7/16" UNC is the same pitch as whitworth.
Reply to
EMB