timming belt woes (part 3)

Thanks to all for advice, after 4 hours, 3 homemade pullers much use of the oxy bottles and air chisel 6 holes drilled through the gear a litre of wd40 blood, sweat, tears and swear words that had not been invented (I ran out of the usuals after the first ten mins) it finally let go. needless to say a new gear was required. Anyway that's that done so its ready for its trip to allysport to have very large intercooler fitted I will keep you posted on the improved performance/ fuel economy when it happens (week tomorrow all being well).

Thanks again Icky

Reply to
the ickys

Good to hear it came off in the end! Is it just haveing a bigger intercooler fited or is the fueling beeing altered as well? What sort of gains do allysport recon there intercooler will give? Thanks! Toby

Reply to
TVS

They reckon that you get around 30% improvement in performance and some fuel economy too. They will adjust the fuel pump as part of the fitting. Allisport actually do a few different options so if you're interested it's worth contacting them. Andrew seems a really decent bloke - I had a good chin-wag with him at the Driffield show.

Icky.

Reply to
the ickys

Yes, they made a Series 1 fuel tank for me a few years ago. Exelent quality in all respects if a toutch on the pricy side.... but you don't get one with out the other! I wonder if they do anything for Perkins Primas.... Toby

Reply to
TVS

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:55:05 +0100, "TVS" enlightened us thusly:

The replacement petrol tank on my disco is made by them, too. excellent bit of aluminium welding, so 'tis.

Reply to
Austin Shackles