Tyre pressures

The rear tyres were looking a little low at 30 psi so I checked the book and they are supposed to be 42 psi, and then now look better like that, however the fronts now look low, would I have a problem increasing the front to 42psi also?

750x16 cross plies on a 110 csw, off-road tread.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Dunno about the 110 but RRs have 38 rear 28 front. Use that as a guide?

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts

I have been running my 109 soft top with 28f 32r on 235/85 for 18 months now and seem to have even wear so far.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

42 is a bit too hard for the fronts IMHO - I always ran my 90 V8 with 28 in the front quite happily, I don't think you'd want more than 34 in the front under any condition. With 42 you will quickly find the meaning of the phrase 'terminal understeer'!!!! :)
Reply to
Exit

Senor Landrover heem say 42r 28f - how I ran mine and, yes, the fronts looked soft!!

John

Mr.Nice. wrote:

Reply to
John Moppett

Twas Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:31:25 +0100 when John Moppett put finger to keyboard producing:

I'll stick with my 42 30 then, thanks folks.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

For what it is worth, the Australian Supplement to the handbook for my 110 ups the pressures and give figure from 35F 35R unloaded and below 120kph to

45F65R fully loaded and above 140kph. I have found 35 F&R unloaded and 40F 55R fully loaded to be OK. (750x16 Bridgestone Desert Duellers) JD
Reply to
JD
35F and 35-45R on the road. Low pressure is dagerous and cost more fuel.

"JD" schreef >

Reply to
Opemus

On or around Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:46:11 +0100, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

I'd have thought that 42 would be a bit OTT in the fronts. ISTR the book value for the fronts is 28, although my experience teaches that a bit more is better, form most points of view. Running 235/85 radials on mine I think I had 'em at 36 all round, might've been 38.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. expelled:

I've always run my cross plies at 33 or so and radials a couple of psi more. Good wear, good handling and no problems.

Reply to
EMB