MPG?

I've just worked out the MPG for my 1984 n/a diesel 110 csw. I'm getting 22.8mpg on average, it's all a-roads and back lanes that I drive, 5th gear is a rareity. I know I need to have the injectors reconditioned and a new air filter is on it's way. It runs 750x16 cross-ply off-road tread tyres too by the way. And it's use a litre of oil in around 4 months. and the engine has done around 226k miles.

So, 22.8mpg, howsat?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I had a bit of a result on the injector front yesterday. Managed to pick up a new full set on Ebay for 75 quid!! More than I'd like as I'm not sure that mine are faulty, but at least I can do a substitution test now.

They're 46 quid + VAT each from Paddocks.

I know mines a 300 TDI, but I get around 25MPG on a mix of green laning, A roads and a bit of motorway.

Reply to
Simon Barr

I got between 21 and 24, so about right, I reckon.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I reckon i get somewhere between that and 25MPG on mine. Same engine as yours but in an 88". I dont have an accurate speedo so i'm guessing this based on comparing it to my car.

Reply to
Tom Woods