tyres / hubs

I currently have 750x16 cross-ply tyres on my 110. I want to switch to radials. will 235/85 r16 fit straight onto my current rims? I'm fairly sure they are the original rims.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes - done it with LWB rims on my 88" Series and it was all fine.

Reply to
EMB

My 110 (1984 V8) has 7.50x16 radials (Goodyear Wranglers) on original steel rims, or is that not what you meant?

Reply to
Danny

Did on mine. Slightly wider I think, diameter virtually identical.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

If you just want to switch to radials, why not stick with 7.50x16? JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:54:40 +1100, JD enlightened us thusly:

might be that 235/85 are easier to get?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep indeedy. Thanks folks.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

They probably are! but the original question implied that changing to radials made a change of tyre size necessary - which it certainly isn't here, although 235/85 probably are easier/cheaper/more choice. JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:55:33 +1100, JD enlightened us thusly:

Mind, I've looked seen 7.50R16 alonglside 7.50x16, and they're not always the same size :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

next question, I assume the original rims are not for tubeless tyres, will I have to fit tubes to them? I'm fitting colway AT's.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes - and I've seen two 7.50x16 (or any other size for that matter) of different brands alongside each other - and they aren't the same size either. JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:59:04 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

If they're standard LR rims, yes. They don't hold air. Mind, didn't you say you were changing from 7.50s? the tubes you have will work.

Reply to
Austin Shackles