Uneven tyre wear - 98 Freelander

Have a 98 Freelander and have recently had the Diff box replaced at a cost of $2000 whilst up on the hoist noticed uneven tyre wear on the inner rear tyres.

Has anyone had similar problems

Also would like to know of any other major concerns with this car

Reply to
Mr Andrew Campbell

Without seeing it is not possible to be certain, but if by the Diff box you mean the IRD Unit (judging by the price I guess it is), then uneven tyre wear is a symptom of the IRD unit failing, so it quite likely you have fixed the problem already.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Didn't Land Rover come out with a revision for tyre pressures? Richard

Reply to
Richard

Old problem with the 98 Freelander, we had one and new tyres after 23000km.

Clutch problems etc SELL IT!

Reply to
3LB