Uneven tyre wear

A friend has uneven tyre wear on their hatchback, (ford focus) and asked me what might be the cuase. I suggested the tracking ? is this a likly suspsect or what else can cause this ?

Reply to
munki

Gnomes who have escaped from Azeroth filing down the tyre during the wee hours.

Reply to
BGN

If it's on the inner edge, suspect worn hub bearings. On many cars the wheel rocking test cannot reveal the problem, due to the disc being held in place by the caliper/pads.

Reply to
Stephen Chalmers

Without knowing whether this uneven wear is on front or rear tyres, inside or outside of tyre, nearside or offside tyre (or both), it is impossible to say..............

Kev

Reply to
Ret.

The rear tyres on the Focus always wear slightly unevenly; it's a characteristic of the suspension.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The same thing is happening on my MK3 Mondeo. One tyre dealer offered to adjust the rear tracking for me.

Reply to
Gordon H