Unofficial AGAIN

Since I posted, requesting those wishing to come on the unofficial to e-mail me, I have only had two responses. Thanks 'Simon I' and 'Rich B'. Do I assume that this is the total interest? If so is it worth bothering with?

Reply to
Graham G

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:28 -0000, "Graham G" scribbled the following nonsense:

Hope so, father is looking forward to Hook Norton, as those who know him will understand........

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

...and Graham G spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Course it is, Graham. It's just that you've got quality rather than quantity.

Come on, guys!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'm provisionally interested again, as with the last unofficial,

but i was hanging back from putting my name down as i didnt want to get in trouble if i cant make it in the end :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

I understand binary and drive a land rover. What does that make me?

Tony

Reply to
Tony

In message , Graham G writes

I'm interested, just can't be certain what's going to be happening with work then - could be out of the country. Given the last two contracts I might not know for certain until the Monday before.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

On or around Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:31:28 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

Sorry, I misread it. I thought it was only some specific aspect that you wanted email on. I'm up for it, finances permitting.

Can I remind you of the calendar feature of Smartgroups, where I set up an AFLR group?

Mind, SG has been broken, but I think it may be fixed now. If you're not a member, then I need an email address that you can receive email to. Any of the members can invite others.

It'll then issue notifications by email when you add a calendar event, and will also notify if the event gets changed, provided you set the event correctly, I think.

We seem to have 8 members so far. what's happened to the rest of you?

Note, although the group has a message-list system, I *don't* intend that this should replace AFL! The idea is to be able to use the calendar and other things like picture album space (although the latter is quite limited, so don't post huge files!)

If some bright spark can provide an automatic email-to-news link, the SF thing could post to the newsgroup, as well - if we thought that was a good idea...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Count us in Graham, sorry we misread it too - thought it was numbers for the brewery visit you were after.

See you in April,

Steve, Lizzy & the monsters

Reply to
steve

Sorry, my UK excursion has been put back a few months, so as much as I'd like to be there it ain't going to happen.

Reply to
EMB

...and Tony spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Either a smart-arse or a sore-arse, take your pick :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Everyone understands binary in our game! We use it to make up relevant smoke sensor addresses. Now, we can be sore arses can't we??

LR products are truly awful in parts & truly brilliant in others. Nothing on this planet is perfect i fear. (apart from me ffs)

The one reason i HATE Jap fast cars is the lack of driver involvement, that is, until i drove the WRX. Modern Cosworth with good road & track manners. Not up to an EVO, but the most reliable car ever for me!! The worst, the new BMW Mini Cooper S i had for 5 months. Utter s**te, with a shocking 36 working days out of 5 months of ownershit in the garage!

The funny bit was, as a very big fella, i fit into it a treat & it did get some very attractive ladies eyes!!

nige



-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

Hi, i lurk on this newsgroup more than i post...but seem to have missed what the unoffical meet is...

is this still the meet up in the brewery or is this something else??

BTW - the landy is still in bits got around to doing the wiring, not perfect but getting there....

cheers rav

Reply to
rav_k

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Understand binary = smart arse Drive a Land Rover = sore arse. Crude attempt at humour.

(Anyone remember those German Arsecons that went round a while back?)

Is this the right room for an argument? I've told you once!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

That pretty much sums it up, any further questions, mail me. More the merrier.

Reply to
Graham G

Thats it!! outside!

Binary is really easy btw.

1.2.4.8.16.32.64.128.256. ad.inf - all numbers are made from binary in the end.

Now if yopu really want to learn binary, learn it with swithces that arent numbered in the dark!

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

OK, hold my coat, someone! That isn't binary, it's an exponential sequence of decimal numbers :-) You're thinking of 1, 10, 100, 1000 etc. Come on then, have a go...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

YOU big fecking puff!!! Fighting with bottles at your age. Of course it's binary you shandy drinking chocolate chimney sweep!!!

Binary is expressed in that way regardless of the name any folk want to give it. How would you describe binary then? I know my binary mate, you, on the other hand are rubbish at virtual fighting!

An example below thank you Mr know-it-all!!

110100 - is in fact 11 & i am right you are a great big rubbish fighter!

Test - what is this number then - 011011

Nige

The binary king of of AFL! (self appointed!)

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

it. How would you describe

virtual fighting!

Akshually, Binary is usally expressed like decimal

so its written formally as

2^7 2^6 2^5 2^4 2^3 2^2 2^1 2^0

like decimal is written

10^3 10^2 10^1 10^0

so you write one thousand as 1000 amd NOT 0001 and 256 as 100000000B NOT 000000001

Your example, by convention, reads 27 Decimal, or 1B in hexadecimal, 33 in Octal.

Steve

Reply to
steve

below thank you Mr

Sorry, you are of course right, we use avery simplified version at work, but it does work out the same if you know what the f*ck yer on about, which you do & I dont!!

Nige

--

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Right, this is serious, you shirt-lifting bastard son of a five-shilling clap-ridden tart! It isn't binary, cos binary numbers are only written using 1 and 0. If a number uses the digits 2-9 it is in decimal notation. To be precise, if there are six apples, this can be expressed as 6 (decimal notation) or 110 (binary). Your number sequence is in decimal notation.

As above.

Sez Who?

No it's not, it's 52.

"Luscious Blonde Babe will help you blow your stack, £1.50/min, all calls are recorded." :-)

Yes you did, back on page 2.

Enough already!

Reply to
Richard Brookman