UPDATE : Freelander intermittent start

Hi All,

Just to let you know the Freelander went in this morning.

The fault apparently was a knackered Cam Shaft sensor, as reported by the ECU. The sensor has been replaced and the ECU is now clear.

Total cost of £146 inc vat and diagnostic.

gggrrrrrrrrrrr

Cheers

Vertuas

Reply to
Vertuas

Our V6 had that issue too .... I told them at the dealership - so they tried eveything *but* that ..... typical eh ;-) They were a little embarassed at the end of it tho!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Ah good ...... I will bear that result in mind.

BTW that is cheaper than the same service for the under bonnet fuel pump.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

The think thats really annoying me, it was booking in for 1 hour diagnostic. All they have realistically done is plug the car into the diagnostic computer and the computer returned the ecu code for the cam sensor.

What does that take??? 15 mins tops? Does it justify a whole hours labour?

Ahhhh well....i'll be happy if its fixed...time will tell.

Spend sunday after with the autoglym out, cos it was sunny, then had to wait

20 min while the cheeky gits washed it! LMAO
Reply to
Vertuas