US 96 Disco V8 drain plug question

Changed the oil for the first time yesterday in my fairly new-to-me 96 US Discovery V8. Question about the drain plug though. Due to the odd angle of the drain plug and its immediate proximity to the exhaust pipe, I was not able to determine the proper size wrench/socket I would need for future oil changes. I used a 1 1/8 inch socket but that felt a little loose and I don't want to strip the drain plug head. My rough attempt at measuring came up with 27mm, but I want to be sure. Google wasn't much help other than directing me to a whole bunch of parts sites.

TIA, C R

Reply to
C R

It's 29mm A/F, so that's, er 1 and somthingorother inches..... it's been long day.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:33:31 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

it's a bloody silly size, that's what it is. inch-and-three-sixteenths, ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles