US diesel Jeep Liberty finally announced for 2005

Now will we see the new LR in diesel here?

Reply to
Omega

Very interesting. I wonder how long before those engines show up in other vehicles - Like the Dakota.

Reply to
.boB

On or around Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:42:53 GMT, "Omega" enlightened us thusly:

wonder which engine? Iveco, would be my guess. But there would be an amusing wossname if they were using the Powerstroke 2.8 which is derived from the LR TDi...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

8&type=promo1_img

I think I'll wait for a diesel jeep to roll over and explode in a fireball on American TV.

Reply to
David G. Bell

The engine is from Detroit Diesel Corporation, VM division and they come from Italy. The Grand Cherokee has been available in Europe for some time with a five cylinder common rail Mercedes unit. It was previously fitted with an indirect injection VM unit, a five cylinder version of the four fitted to early diesel Range Rover and Rover 820 cars.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Tsk, you obviously haven't studied your Hollywood rule book.

  1. In any car chase, the Ferrari/Jaguar/BMW will always be relentlessy tracked down and overtaken by one of the following:

A Ford Taurus A Mack truck A UPS or Fedex van

  1. During a car chase the scene must cut to a shot of the speedometer in the European car with the need creeping slowly towards the unheard of speed of 70mph where it will stop, flickering feebly.

  1. At the second bend the European car will fly off the road and the fuel tank will explode in mid air.

  2. The American vehicle (see list above) will be able to outbrake or out corner the European vehicle and will thus be saved from the same fate.

  1. Everyone will stand around and look at the burning vehicle, no one will call 911, no one will try to assist the driver and/or passengers.

  2. The most romantic place to be is on a dusty road next to a burnign car from which the smell of charred flesh is drifting. So the principal character will embrace and go for a deep-tongue experience.

  1. Particularly applies if the characters are male.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Maybe it will be broadsided by that rough tough Chuck Norris' rather gay Dodge Ram.....

Reply to
I. P. Freely

So Steve Firth was, like

Oh, very good. LOL.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Also, cars with manual gearboxes, patricularly of non-American origin, will only be capable of changing up through the gearbox, and approximately have 312 gears. See "Bullit" for particularly impressive demonstration....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd