V8 3.9 injectors

3.9 hotwire in a disco (N plater), what type of injectors and is there any point in getting service kits or suchlike, or is that a waste of time/effort?
Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've got 3 or 4 new ones ERR722 old stock if those are the right ones? I'll have to check the number if you're interested.

Reply to
Oily

On or around Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:43:36 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

dunno, hence the question, I'll have to check in the cattle-log, got it on the laptop.

The initial diagnosis on this motor was leaky injectors, and depsite running it a bit and a few doses of injector cleaner, it's still not right, although better than it was initially.

Any point in buying second-hand ones? I'd have though they'd be as liekly as not to be dud.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:43:36 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

They are ERR722 or equivalent recon. Having hunted around for prices, I doubt we'll be buying a new set. Might see if they can be reconned by the local injector bods.

Reply to
Austin Shackles