1.2 Nova Misfire

The Wife has a 1.2 Nova - carb, manual choke - which plays up every few days with low speed misfire, poor power etc. Have gradually replaced distributor, cap, rotor arm, leads, plugs and coil and every time I do something the fault goes away for a while! Wife now demanding new motor! Anyone have any suggestions coz things are desperate!

TIA

LJ.

Reply to
LJ

Did you check the spark plug gap. If you didnt check a manual/haynes for gap. If they are set right, close the gap a bit to next thou.

distributor,

Reply to
TaZzA

distributor,

You haven't bought the bits from Halfords have you? I bought a set of HT leads, Dizzy cap and rotor arm last weekend for my Saab from there. They were s**te. Made the car run terribly. I only put them on because the old ones looked worn. I took them back and got them refunded..

Sounds more like a fuel problem though TBH. Have you tried cleaning the carb out?

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Cleaned the carb out last night - didn't seem to cure anything at first but I thrashed it around the block a couple of times and it then ran o.k! Better half is out in it today so fingers crossed!

LJ

Reply to
LJ

They have a small cone filter in the carb where the fuel line goes into it that blocks up. Take off the fuel line, insert a 3" screw into the pipe and once you feel a little resistance give the screw a few turns then pull it out with the cone now attached.

Reply to
Conor

Mine used to suffer from this.

It had the Pierburg carb - which is apparently a bit of a donkey, with no/poor spares support.

Changing to a proper Weber card sorted it for £150ish.

distributor,

Reply to
Acedrew