V8 Heads - Carb - EFi

Can anyone tell me what the physical differences are between EFi and Carb heads ?

I want to replace my SU's.

TIA.

Reply to
Geoff

Heads are effectively identical except for a small recess machined into the roof of each inlet port to give clearance for the fuel spray pattern of the efi injectors. if going to efi from carbs, this can be added using a round file (ports blocked off obviously to prevent debris getting into the engine). Other than that, some later efi heads have waisted-stem valves and later still went from 14 to 10 bolt fixing but these heads are 40 thou shorter on the combustion face to allow the use of thicker composite gaskets. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks for that, save me a lot of grief getting the heads off ;-)

Reply to
Geoff