V8: Remote filter kits.

Can I find the one I need on the net... nope. Maybe I'm looking too hard. Any pointers... Its an SD1 lump.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I have a spare if you want one, very good condition and complete. Make me an offer, Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall

Darn ..I am interested but I've no idea what they are worth as I can't find any prices. I've done some research on the LRE Forum and it suggests two types. One which attaches where the exisiting filter is and one which replaces the pump cover. Which do you have? Does it come as a complete kit or would it require any more items to complete?

Ta

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I think I've got one somewhere. IIRC it's complete with pump adapter, hoses and remote filter housing. I think it's a MOCAL unit, summat like that anyway. It's the same as the one I fitted to the RR 3.5 V8 that I put into my SWB (so if the SD1 pump is the same as the RR it'll fit). I need to go and have a rummage in the "spares and useful junk heap" though, so please bear with me. I'm away for a day or two so I won't be able to get back straight away.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Have you tried:

Richard

It's a complete kit, I bought a brand new one (it was £75 + vat from Merlin Motorsport I think but don't quote me on that) last year to go on a Dax Rush V8 kit car (Lotus 7 clone), 1 week later I later bought a race spec SD1 Engine for the holley carb, lightened flywheel, electronic dizzy etc and that had another on it so I have one surplus. It's the type that consists of a sandwich plate that affixes where the original filter boss would be and two 60ish cm suaged hydraulic pipes to a remote unit with a bracket on. I'm away at university at the moment but I can check exact length and photograph it for you on 1st Feb after exams are out of the way, or get someone to take pics & email them to you if you need it sooner.

I also have a spare recon 3.5 V8 with 2365 miles on it (with 3.9 cams fitted) if anyone's interested, it also has Land Rover age certificate and docs, surplus since I upgraded to a 325BHP monster.

Let me know if you're interested, Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall