Vibration

I imagine that pushing on 2" might well be enough to cause some vibration. I've heard of problems with 2" lift in the past. Can't help with angles I'm afraid. 9.85 deg doesn't sound too bad. What would it be normally? I can't remember the length of the rear prop off the top of my head to work it out. I would guess if it's significantly greater than it should be then you'll get problems.

Another thought is are the Yokes aligned correctly. They should be 90 deg out of phase IIRC. If you've had the splines apart, you might well have put them together in phase?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner

I put a salisbury on a 88, then the prop shaft was 4 centimeters too long, i cut it, sodered it, put the yokes in the same plan and soldered the spring fixation on the axle so that the salisbury "nearly" pointed to the transfer box, and curiously, i have got no vibrations. In fact i got vibrations one time, but it was because i had lost two wheel nuts and nearly lost the three others. At the beginning, i wanted to put a double yoke on the transfer side, but could not manage to find the adaptator. I am nearly sure of the fact that if the input and output axle (ie transfer box and differential nose) are parallels, you dont need do put the yokes out of phase. If they are not paralleles like in the new land rovers and if you put them out of phase , in one direction, it will be better when accélérating and worse when desceleration (and reverse). good luck

"Andy Warner" a écrit dans le message de news: c61cbs$rkt$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
rossignol22

"Liam" wrote in news:8bWgc.1777$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

If you had a fax number I could fax you that article in LRO International...but you haven't and I haven't time to email it so looks like you are going to be floundering for a while yet!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Derry H,

If you can give me the details of the LROI issue (month and year) and page number I can scan it and send it to Liam.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote in news:c62upb$6vud5$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-196901.news.uni-berlin.de:

June Issue 7 2001, pages 165 -168.

I tried it as a .jpg, I tried it as a TIFF, I tried it as a .Gif, then as a .pdf, even OCR, and all files were so large they'd have taken a month to email. But it is highly probably I am doing something wrong. Strangely, I can get fax and snail mail to work quite well -- certainly faster than scanning and emailing....

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

You may be scanning at too high resolution - 100dpi should be more than adequate for this sort of thing, 75dpi should be acceptable. Then save as JPG to get it small.

Don't bother zipping the Jpegs (as some people do) as it makes no difference - in fact they sometimes get bigger.

David

Reply to
David French

Derry Hi,

I will also give it a try as a reduced analysis .jpeg file.

Only problem is that I now do not have the e-mail address of the person who was looking for it. Is it possible for him to get in touch with me. I will try and scan the article tonight or tomorrow.

Take care and thanks Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

It does depend a little on just what the original is, but a .jpg is not always the best format.

If you have a program such as Paintshop Pro, it's possible to greatly reduce the number of colours, or grey-levels for monochrome images, without losing detail. With a clean image, as near to black and white as you can get, a .gif can be a lot smaller than a .jpg

It's also worth seeing if the .jpg compression can be increased.

Reply to
David G. Bell

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote in news:c63sji$7p00d$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-196901.news.uni-berlin.de:

snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:43:18 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

if you can get it monochrome, then a 2-colour gif tend to be very small.

meanwhile, I once had a look at the way jpeg affects images, Picture Publisher allows you to preview the file at different jpeg settings, and it ain't half clever the way it works.

mind you, I seem to recall ham pictures on the amiga having improbably small file sizes for large detailed graphics. In fact, ISTR the amiga graphics being significantly better then PCs, though the PCs seem to have caught up now.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Didn't Amigas have an independant no. of bits per pixel? AFAIK PCs have never included that feature.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner

On or around Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:29:54 +0100, "Andy Warner" enlightened us thusly:

I've an idea that was how the ham pictures worked, or summat like. I know someone who would know the answer, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Derry thanks,

Liam has already got it.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

"Pantelis Giamarellos" wrote in news:c654fo$7u0bo$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-196901.news.uni-berlin.de:

We have a genius in our midst!

Just for those who suggested solutions. Here's one for you: Computers aren't meant to work. They are a device from the Far East invented to drive the West crazy. I mean, how the heck do you change the oil? And when?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 21 Apr 2004 07:56:15 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

in the rain, buggrit.

and the spark plugs, getting quite practiced at that. Put some Champion N7YC in, and if they overheat, I dunno what I do.

The NGKs which have come out are quite new, and look as though they have been running a bit hot. will see this afternoon if the problems have gone.

still waiting on leads.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's me done for again. I cannot for the life of me see where they go. Could mine be a diesel?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 21 Apr 2004 18:55:04 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

might be...

new plugs made it better, but not entirely cured. I'm now getting more convinced that the leads are in fact the problem, but that new plugs make better sparks than used ones, so the effect is masked somewhat.

will find out in due course, when magnecor and the lot I've ordered 'em from get their respective acts together.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Hi,

may I also suggest you replace the distributor cap?

Here in Greece it is a very common problem for distributor caps to have cracked. Most of the time they can not be checked by just looking at them. Genuine LR caps have proved to be more sturdy.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:13:45 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

The one that's on it is not very old and appears to be sound. I did think of swapping it, but the spare one, on cleaning and examining, is cracked. But I guess it'd not hurt to change it when the leads turn up.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:22:31 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Paddock have 'em for under a fiver, so I've ordered one anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles